Twenty Ranch mahjongg players participated in the SBR Fall 2019 Mahjongg Tournament on Nov. 14 in the Escondido Room at the Ranch House Grill and Brewery. The tournament was the third sponsored by the SBR Mahjongg Club and, given the continued success of the event, plans are underway for a fourth tournament on Thursday, April 30.
Players racked up their tiles for five rounds of play (four games per round), completing 20 games by the end of the day. At the end of each round, players switched tables, so everyone had an opportunity to meet and play with other Ranch participants.
Prizes were awarded for the high score of each round of play, bonus hands, and the three highest overall tournament scores. Congratulations to the tournament winners:
* Debbie Shelton: first place in overall tournament and winner of highest score in round one
* Kathy Keasling: tied for second place in overall tournament
* Nancy Stirling: tied for second place in overall tournament and highest score in round five
* Kate Thomsen: third place in overall tournament and tied for highest score in round two
* Bonnie Goldman: tied for highest score in round two
* Janelle Authur: highest score in round three
* Gale Hall: highest score in round four
* Rainie Warner: winner of bonus hand
* Elaine Brown: winner of bonus hand
Co-hostesses for the tournament were Gail Latimer, Gale Hall, Bonnie Goldman, and Janelle Authur. Barbara Simon served as tournament director.
Details of the Spring 2020 Tournament on April 30, will be provided closer to the tournament date, but in the interim, please be sure to save the date.