SaddleBrooke Community Outreach is “All About the Kids.” Our Educational Enrichment sub-committee is an important part of our efforts to provide learning opportunities for students within the “Copper Corridor” where the schools have been devastated financially by the closing of the local mines.
In fiscal year 2017-18, SBCO issued $130,000 worth of Enrichment Program Grants to local schools to supplement school-year and summer programs. The budget this year has been increased to $150,000, but we need your help to find and manage deserving programs.
We’re looking for sub-committee volunteers who:
* Are looking for ways to give back to their community.
* Enjoy working with local school administrators, principals and teachers to help fund deserving programs and activities.
As a volunteer, you will need to be:
* Willing to visit your assigned schools a few times per year.
* Have access to email and can open Excel, Word and PDF files.
* Able to actively participate in Enrichment Sub-Committee and Education Committee meetings.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Coordinating local grant opportunities.
* Meet with grant applicants either in person or by phone/email.
* Share applications with committee members for approval.
* Keep approval, payment and evaluation processes on track by reviewing reports maintained by other volunteers.
* Attend meetings (in SaddleBrooke offices at Suite L, in the Minit Mart Center).
* Full Education Committee meets monthly (third Wednesday).
* Enrichment Committee meets “as needed” (four-five times per year).
If you’re interested in learning more, please contact Denise Anthony via email at email@example.com or via phone at 585-314-5356.