SaddleBrooke Ranch (SBR) is very proud that it has its own library in the community. The library shares space in the Creative Arts and Technology Building and is just inside the front door of that building. The library is open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
There is no checkout process for a book. But it is requested that any book taken from the library is returned as quickly as possible. This ensures that more people have access to the book. To return a book, simply drop it in the box outside the library door.
The library is run completely by resident volunteers who organize, sort, label, and shelve books daily.
New guidelines have recently been instituted.
* Books published in 2012 and newer are accepted for donation. The exception is for books that are part of an ongoing series or are “classics.”
* Magazines no older than 6 months are accepted as there is now a magazine rack in the hallway.
* There is a jigsaw puzzle exchange. Puzzles are located in La Hacienda Club across the hallway from La Mesa Room.
* To donate any item (book, audiobooks, magazine, jigsaw puzzle), put it in the Drop Box outside the library.
* Items donated that cannot be used are either sold at the library book sale or donated to the Golden Goose Gift Shop. Proceeds from this year’s book sale went to the Oracle School District to purchase books for elementary classrooms.
Information about the library can be found on the Homeowner Association website at saddlebrookeranchhoa.org. Click on “Things To Do,” and then “Library.” Or click on the link “Library Info” at the bottom of each Ranch Reminder.