The Ranchette Putters held their Annual Luncheon in January. Members were greeted with the following poem written by our very own Jodi Walker-Lowe, 2022 event chair.
2022 was a very good year
With many new putters joining us here!
We cherish our old friendships and welcome the new
We all love putting, yes, we do!
Sometimes it’s hot needing visors and sunscreen
But that doesn’t keep US off the putting green!
Sometimes it’s perfect with blue skies and rainbows
As we relish in the awesome RANCH life we chose!
Meeting new people for friendship and fun
As we cheer each other on for that HOLE IN ONE!
But all in all, we know why we are here
It’s the smiling faces that we hold dear!
So, grab your putter and all your gear
2023 will ALSO be a very good year!
We all enjoyed a delicious lunch prepared by the Ranch House Grill staff, and a special treat, our very own pink chocolate martini.
Susie Morrill, our new president, introduced the following new board members: Marilyn Headsley, vice president; Lynn Wagner, treasurer; Mary Leben, secretary; Trish Minard, membership; Vickie Thomson, events chairman; and Cathy Ratiff, statistician.
Susie thanked the 2022 board for all their work to make 2022 such a fun year. Susie presented outgoing President Jacque Hendricks with a gift of appreciation.
The highlight of the afternoon was the announcement of our Roadrunner of the Year award. This was special—because of COVID we have not been able to give out this award for two years. With two years to practice her skills the award went to: Evie Thompson. She was named Roadrunner of the Year with the lowest gross average of 35.937 and 83 holes-in-one.
Other yearly awards were announced by Doris Carlin, out-going statistician.
Gross Average Awards:
* Road Runner of the Year (lowest gross average putting for the year): Evie Thompson (35.937)
* Second lowest gross average putting for the year: Doris Carlin (36.051)
* Third lowest gross average putting for the year: Sue Marx (37.441)
Net Average Awards:
* Lowest net average putting for the year: Mary Schlachter (37.363)
* Second lowest net average putting for the year: Jacque Hendricks (37.492)
* Third lowest net average putting for the year: Sheliah Drewienkowski (37.743)
* Most holes-in-one (full-time putter): Evie Thompson (83)
* Most holes-in-one (part-Time putter): Bev Franklin (16)
* Best attendance: Sandy Getter (41 out of 43) and Evelyn Silver (41 out of 43)
Members received raffle tickets, with many members winning fun hats and visors and other putter-related items, including three putters given out to three lucky winners.
Our club is proud of the talent displayed by all our winners and invites all female residents of SaddleBrooke Ranch to join us on Wednesday mornings for a fun weekly event. Check out our bulletin board by the Pro Shop for more information or contact Trish Minard at [email protected].
We will also have a table set up at the SBR Club Expo on March 3 in the Sol Ballroom. Stop by and meet several putters.