The SaddleBrooke Ranch (SBR) Library Committee, made up of volunteers, is very pleased that so many residents are using the library and donating books. At least 95% of our collection is sourced from your donations. Thank you so much!
Here are some quick facts about your library:
* We are open any time the CAT (Creative Arts and Technology) building is open.
* Take one or two books and return promptly when finished. There is no check-out system.
* Please use the book drop outside the library to return books.
* If you donate a lot of appropriate books at once, you may place them on the desk inside and leave a note so we know they are to be processed.
* Book donation guidelines: Published 2009 or later and in good condition.
* Magazines are accepted as donations and can be found on the rack outside the library. Weekly magazines are kept for 6 weeks and monthly magazines are kept for 4 months.
* Jigsaw puzzles can be borrowed from the La Hacienda Club meeting room hallway in the cabinet under the marketing TV.
An industrious committee member gathered some statistics for April, May, June, and July 2022:
* A total of 2,225 books were borrowed and returned.
* A total of 806 books were donated in usable condition.
* The monthly average of returns was 556 books.
* The monthly average of donations was 201.
You may not know:
* We have a large assortment of audiobooks.
* We have a small collection of children’s books. (Care to donate a few?)
* There is a suggestion box on top of the book return.
* You can find a large number of popular authors’ series, the two most recent are C.J. Box—Joe Pickett Mysteries and Rhys Brown—Royal Spyness mysteries.
Look for a special winter/holiday display coming later in the year.
Ideas for the future:
* A community read.
* Inviting a local, published author to speak.
* Producing a SaddleBrooke Ranch Roundup article periodically to highlight committee members’ picks.
* Inviting established SBR book groups to submit contact information and book reviews.
Thanks again for your patronage! Please contact us with questions or comments at [email protected].