The dog days of summer have been upon us, but there were bright moments for tennis enthusiasts throughout the unrelenting heat of July. Wimbledon 2023 provided riveting entertainment as viewers witnessed the sheer athleticism of professional tennis players on grass courts. The final matchup between the first breakthrough star of a new generation, Carlos Alcaraz, and the older titan of tennis, Novak Djokovic, was a match for the ages, ending in a five-set win for the young player.
Here at SaddleBrooke Ranch, we had our own tribute to good tennis; namely the six-week Women’s Progressive Tennis Event held throughout June and July. The event gave a nod to Wimbledon with the ladies donning white and paying homage to the tournament with an after-party featuring strawberries and Pimm’s cocktails.
However, it wasn’t all about tennis in July. Twenty-six members attended the Doors tribute concert at the Gaslight Theater in Oro Valley, and a wonderful time was had by all. This mix of tennis, POP tennis, and enjoyable social events for members and their families has contributed to an increase in club membership. With the upswing in memberships, the SaddleBrooke Ranch Tennis Association (SBRTA) decided to spruce up its brand image with a new logo designed by Marc and Debbie Argabright. Shirts with the new logo are now available, or members can place a special order by contacting Debbie Argabright at [email protected].
In the fall, SBRTA hosts its signature event, the annual Steiness Festival. Check out these dates and join in the fun.
2023 Steiness Festival: Nightmare at the Net!
* Monday, Oct. 30: Kick-off Exhibition Match at Center Court, followed by Appetizers with the Pros
* Tuesday, Oct. 31 through Nov. 2: Tournament Play
* Friday, Nov. 3: Steiness Celebration Dinner and Dance
If you are interested in being a part of all the fun, consider joining the SaddleBrooke Ranch Tennis Association. Membership is just $35. To become a new member, follow these easy steps:
1. Go to courtreserve.com
2. Click on “LOGIN” on the top bar
3. Click on “Don’t have an account”
4. Click on “I’M A PLAYER”
5. Type “SaddleBrooke Ranch Tennis Association”
6. Click on the green box: “Create Account at SaddleBrooke Ranch Tennis Association”
7. Fill out the form with your information and click “Create Account” or from the HOA website, click on FITNESS, click on Tennis Court Reservations, and click on CREATE ACCOUNT (screen upper right).
Hope to see you on the courts!