On Tuesday, Feb. 22, 80 wine club members gathered in the Sol Ballroom to enjoy the movie Bottle Shock and eat designer popcorn.
In the movie, Steven Spurrier, a sommelier in Paris, comes to the Napa Valley to take the best he can find to Paris for a blind taste test against French wine. Without a doubt, the task is much harder than he anticipated with several twists to the story.
While watching the movie, members enjoyed “Popped Popcorn Pairings,” which included:
• Lemon Poppy Seed—paired with chardonnay
• Sea Salt—paired with chardonnay, Pouilly Fuissé, or cabernet sauvignon
• Mesquite Smoked Cheddar—paired with cabernet sauvignon
• Truffle—paired with cabernet sauvignon
• Rosemary Salted Caramel—paired well with white wines and if you have a sweet tooth.
Save the date for our next wine tasting and education event on Tuesday, April 19. There will be a presentation and tasting about Argentine and Chilean wines.
For information about membership in the Wine Club of SBR, contact Debbie Chapman, membership chair, at [email protected].