Can you imagine having to flee your home without a moment’s notice because you were in imminent danger? Can you imagine traveling a long way to a new country where everything is so different and you don’t speak the language? How wonderful it would be to find out that people who don’t even know you cared enough to donate items to help you start your new life.
The Fellowship for Social Justice is collecting items to help refugees who are coming to our country. Refugees have suffered persecution in their home countries, have been granted asylum, and have gone through a long process to be able to come to America to start a new life. The items needed are just about anything that would be needed to set up a new apartment.
Suggested items are:
* Crew socks, hoodies (blue or black), tennis shoes, underwear, sweaters, pants for men, women, and children—medium works best, but all sizes are needed,
* $25 gift card for Walmart, Fry’s, or Target, to buy fresh food and nonperishable food items,
* New or gently used dishes, glassware, silverware, baking ware, pots and pans, trash cans, and other household items,
* New towels, sheets, and pillows,
* Cleaning products, garbage bags, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
* Hairbrushes, combs, toothbrushes, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, lotion, and other hygiene items,
Please bring your donations to Mike Bubla at 39233 South Lake Crest Dr. in SaddleBrooke. Items may be placed in the courtyard. Thank you in advance for your donations.
If you are interested in joining the Fellowship for Social Justice, contact Mike, a SaddleBrooke resident, at [email protected].