The SaddleBrooke Ranch (SBR) National Park Club is planning a train trip to visit the South Rim of the Grand Canyon Oct. 3 through 6. Participants will drive or carpool to Williams, Ariz., on Tuesday, staying at the Grand Canyon Hotel for an included group dinner at the Fred Harvey Restaurant to meet and greet. After the included breakfast Wednesday morning, everyone will board the Grand Canyon Railway to enjoy the scenery, train entertainment, and lunch before arriving at the Grand Canyon.
A motor coach tour of the South Rim is included upon arrival. Lodging for the night will be at the Maswik Lodge. Luggage will be moved for you, but Wednesday’s dinner and Thursday’s breakfast and lunch are not included. Thursday participants can spend time at the Canyon hiking, taking the free shuttle bus on one of the three routes through the park viewing the overlooks, checking out the geology museum, and exploring gift shops. At 3 p.m. they will board the train back to Williams for another included evening meal and morning breakfast at the Grand Canyon Hotel. Highlights of the trip will be reflected upon with new friends and memories made.
Friday, Oct. 6 participants can either drive back to the Ranch or continue onwards to other area sites. Arizona has so much to offer.
Things to know before you go:
* You will need to be able to walk about a mile at an elevation of 7,000 feet.
* The trip is open to all who want to experience the Grand Canyon—not just National Park Club members, though they are the first to hear about all happenings.
* RSVP to atkison2tuc[email protected] if you are seriously interested in getting aboard.
* Deposits will be collected in July, but we would like a preliminary group count now so that we can secure enough rooms before they sell out.
* GroupWorks will have more information.